Falconers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

my kennels

Go down

my kennels Empty my kennels

Post by mandy Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:55 am

my kennels DSC01183 thought you might be interested in my dog kennels they are about 100 years old and where originally built for Lord Swinton's gundogs and for his head keepers dogs. They are well past there best but still very useful kennels they are south facing and slope off well which makes hosing them out is easy and they dry quickly.There are 3 in total and i would think they could easily accommodate 8 dogs in each maybe more.
Inside they have a large bench at one side which is supported by chains so it can be easily lifted to clean underneath the inside floor is tiled with very smart red and back tiles which are again easy to clean.
mandy
mandy

Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2008-01-29

Back to top Go down

my kennels Empty Re: my kennels

Post by mandy Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:02 am

my kennels DSC01189-1
behind the kennels is a boiler room where a fire heated water this was piped through the kennels to provide a central heating system of sorts for the dogs (bet they was nothing of this sort of thing in the keepers house,no sign of nice tiled floors in the house either.) so the dogs had quite a luxurious lifestyle.
mandy
mandy

Back to top Go down

Post by mandy Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:13 am

my kennels DSC01177
next to the boiler room is another large room this had two large metal bowls about 2 feet across under each was fires to heat them so they where in effect a large cooking area for the dog food and probably for washing up too at the other side of the room is another fire with room to boil a kettle or roast meat in the middle of the room where we now have sophie's pool table ,i would imagine was a large table for chopping up the meat. I did hear that the Bedale hounds where kept here at some point too but havent got any detailsas too whren this was.
mandy
mandy

Back to top Go down

Post by mandy Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:16 am

at the moment i only use one for my pointers and another for the hens but maybe in the future i would like to repair them and make more use of them.
mandy
mandy

Back to top Go down

Post by mandy Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:12 am

now have puppies from this bitch and dog ,they are docked chipped and registered 2 dog puppies pm me if interested i will put some photos up when i get chance
mandy
mandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum