Falconers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My gang

3 posters

Go down

My gang Empty My gang

Post by Dame Celia Molesnatcher Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:59 pm

I never seem to find anything to write on here but I enjoy reading it so here's a few bits and pieces about my dogs..

Starting with Foobeedoobeedooooooo..and if you say that scooby style and ask her if she's got a cheesy grin she'll do a big grin for you lol (cant believe im telling you lot this lol)
Foo is a Whippet X Blue Merle Collie 1st cross and has parti-coloured eyes which make her look permanantly alarmed or totally spaced out lol and apart from being my driving companion and confident shes my little rabbiting girl. Now I cant take a lot of credit for training her as she was given to me when she was 3 and had already been rabbiting but what I have taught her is to turn on hand signals & she's really good. Where she lived before they kept poultry and she's 100% trustworthy around feather, now I know thats some statement but I can honestly say i'd put money on her for ignoring feather & sheep even if they take off. Ive seen her run like mad toward cover and a phessie run out and she just stops on a sixpence and turns back to me. Ive never witnessed such an honest lurcher. Her rabbiting skills are interesting to watch as she has 2 styles.. The first is the see a rabbit, slip her and she runs after it and usually catches it. The 2nd is when she goes on patrol and stalks the warrens.. when she knows theres a rabbit she lays down and I can stick Pugsley the fert in and then as a rabbit bolts she nabs it.. oh yes if Pugsley is too slow for her she gets in the hole herself and digs like hell, ripping the grass off in chunks and getting in a flap untill she gets something.
Foo is a funny dog & is the only one of ours who lives in the house. Her only vice is cats.. but we dont want them about the farm anyway, still I like cats and really dont want someones pet murdered.
Here's a few Foo pics..
My gang 7f0c6fab
My gang Ee564f82
My gang 68c90b68
My gang 9d65b732
Dame Celia Molesnatcher
Dame Celia Molesnatcher

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-01-29

http://www.falconry.tv

Back to top Go down

My gang Empty Re: My gang

Post by spughawk Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:26 pm

Nice looking dog kat, i have had a few part bred collie running dogs, all where very good on rabbit only one was good on hare and that was a Hancock dog a 3/4 greyhound 1/4 beardie/ boarder cross, not entirely sure if the fractions are right, i put a first cross saluki/greyhound over her to replicate the breeding of the best dog i have ever had, unfortunately the bitch i kept i disliked intensely i have no idea why i felt like that about her but i just had no feeling for her at all, i gave her away to a good friend at 12 moths old, she went to become a first class hare dog but not as good as her brother who plummer himself commented on how good he was
spughawk
spughawk

Number of posts : 284
Registration date : 2008-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by MAC Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:10 pm

probably an 1/8border 1/8beardie 3/4greyhound Rob. i myself had a similar dog off David Hancock, who is a crackin fella who produces some outstanding dogs on occasion.

the day we went up there to collect the pups my good friend bought a 1/4 border 3/4 red merle bitch from the famous "stormin normin"and my other mate bought a blue merle border half cross. out of "rufus the red"...
both became legends

for my part my pups odd nature prevented me from ever bonding with it, i dont know weather it was because it was a dog as opposed to a bitch, or wether it was due to the "beardie" in him it just didnt work at all.
he was impossible to train to jump and also would never retrieve. he was nothing special at hares and rabbits. and his super nervy nature ruled him out at fox.

i got to know Brian Plummer well in the later stages of his life and while he refered to my lurcher molly as "my sort of dog" he was very dismissive of my beardie hybrid saying "some bearded composites make salukis appear level headed!!!"

i still have the problem dog, we dont get on, but and at the rist of sounding anthropomorphic, he is a great pal of my other dogs and at the end of the day he never asked me to by him!!!!

MAC

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2008-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum