Falconers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

my mates pere/saker

+3
harrishawkingnovice
scotfalconer
ash
7 posters

Go down

my mates pere/saker Empty my mates pere/saker

Post by ash Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:13 am

well yesterday was when i let my mates pere go free. i just let it fly about then called it in straght away to do 4 passes. he wasnt very good but hay. then today i done the same but this time i let her wonder a little before calling her to the lure. she doesnt seem to stoop at the lure very well and seems to slow up as she comes in. makes it very confussing for me when to through the lure infront of her as im often throughing it to early as she isnt going as fast as she as. then either tries to hover over my head or land on the ground. i think the owners lure skills and hand feeding havnt done any good to this bird. im guna rase its waight today and try her a little higher over the next few days.[img]my mates pere/saker Petracomming[/img][img]my mates pere/saker Petraandlure[/img]

Last edited by ash on Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:14 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
ash
ash

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2008-01-29

Back to top Go down

my mates pere/saker Empty Re: my mates pere/saker

Post by scotfalconer Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:53 am

keep at it ash you will get there mate,nice pics
scotfalconer
scotfalconer

Number of posts : 71

Back to top Go down

Post by harrishawkingnovice Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:01 am

persistance ash, im sure you will get there in end as u did with kane (R.I.P.) She hasnt made u see the light yet then? Very Happy
harrishawkingnovice
harrishawkingnovice

Number of posts : 120

Back to top Go down

Post by Vader Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:03 am

Ash, thats exactly what Vader used to do in the beginning. Either turn short kinda hovering or land. Once the fitness builds up and they "get it" it will improve. As Jim says, just persevere.
Vader
Vader

Number of posts : 53

Back to top Go down

Post by ash Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:16 am

yer cheers guys will do she seems like a nice falcon very steady if a little weird. she bates away when aproaching her on the bloke and when on the fist but indoors she is like a pet parrot. if i get her real keen on me might try her and some streams i have.
and no not yet ben lol
ash
ash

Back to top Go down

Post by harrishawkingnovice Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:17 am

give it time ash, think she will lol
harrishawkingnovice
harrishawkingnovice

Number of posts : 120

Back to top Go down

Post by spughawk Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:57 pm

Keep it up Ash as she gets fitter she will get more aerial, if you have time fly her more than once a day
spughawk
spughawk

Number of posts : 284

Back to top Go down

Post by grovsey Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:59 pm

well done as she fitness will come in the end mate keep at it
grovsey
grovsey

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by ash Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:03 pm

really spug? so at mo 3 chicks keep her level in wait. should i fly her twice a day? one chick on lure then the other half for pic up? never done this sounds abit weird. she goes up but when i bring the lure out and call her in she comes steaming in then starts to eas up which in turn slows her down.
im hopeing its just she is abit unfit or that she hasnt been flown properly.
ash
ash

Back to top Go down

Post by hound Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:59 pm

keep up the good work ash so how much flying did heath do with it
hound
hound

Number of posts : 251

Back to top Go down

Post by ash Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:47 am

went out again today and thought id do two flights to start what rob said. just dont feel confatable to do it morning and afternoon yet. the first one was tipical. i let her go off then have a little fly around then called her back into the lure. still not great slowed as she came in then tryed to get her to chasses the lure which she almost did. i think she just wants me to through it on the ground for her. called her to a chick leg and she grabed it and flew off and landed on the ground, so i woulded off and she just kept following me. she soon got board and went on the wing and over a small hedge row. and as soon as she went over i could see she hit some lift as its a very thermic day today. like a pro she went past the lift then turned on the edge and centred herself in it and started to climb. i new that there was a small pond just over the otherside of the field. i let her get to about 5 600 feet and started shitting myself so started to leg it across the feild to the pond, as i looked up she was a dot easily 1000 feet. i called her over with the lure to get her in a better position and as i done this two ducks got up and they wasnt stupid. they stayed low to the ground about 4 feet but where forced to get hight to get over some tall trees. this is where petra met them on a sort of side/ head on stoop from some hight. she slamed the duck but because of the lack of hight both birds bounced across the ground. the duck got up fist and a tail chases ensued. but alas the duck was just too strong on the wing.
now i know the season is closed for duck but i have been visiting that pond all over winter with my gos and there hasnt been one duck on it.
but hay accidents happen. think i might give the bird back next week.
it could do with a moult.
i really dont know how you longwingers do it. it seems alot of work for a few seconds worth of flight lol
ill stick to shrtwings i think and just enjoy my mates birds
atb ash
ash
ash

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:35 am

Love the 1st pic...

Atb Stu..

Back to top Go down

Post by ash Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:09 pm

right i have decided to give the bird back next week as i have to go to my sisters in manchester. and also can see this bird will do fine if flown and hunted on the right ground. it am not comfatable in taking quarry out of season and as the flights are very engineered i dont feel happy doing it.
so i think the bird could do with a nice moult out anyways.
ash
ash

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down