Falconers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

social imprint

3 posters

Go down

social imprint Empty social imprint

Post by scotfalconer Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:01 am

Any you guys have any experience with social imprint falcons,interested to hear your opinions on them,whats the pro's and cons are etc.
scotfalconer
scotfalconer

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2008-01-29

Back to top Go down

social imprint Empty Re: social imprint

Post by spughawk Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:37 pm

Do you mean the none screaming, pleasant mannered well rounded imprints jim, i have only had 1 and i gave it away, all my imprints are what i think are termed mal-imprints, they all scream and are aggressive on food or kills, when not feeding or killing some thing, they are very nice to be around, its the bond i get with these birds that makes me fly this type of bird over parent reared or other types of imprints, the screaming can irritating so you need good neighbours.
I should add jim i did not like imprints and was the first to pull them down, until a good friend laughed at me and said what did i know about imprints as i had never flown one, which was true so i agreed to take one of his for a season, this bird i still have and she changed my entire view on imprints and flying falcons completely, im my opinion imprints are a lot more work than a parent reared falcon but far more rewarding, to me the relationship you get with a imprint is what flying these falcons is all about
That probably does not help you at all lol
spughawk
spughawk

Number of posts : 284

Back to top Go down

Post by hound Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:46 pm

rob you about sumed it up i to love flying imprints
hound
hound

Number of posts : 251

Back to top Go down

Post by hound Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:50 pm

heres my imprint you can do any thing with her but due to me starting to imprint her then my old boss taking her of me when i finished working for him she was fed on the block by him and then 6 weeks later able to but her she does scream its not 24/7 but ian will be able to tell you about her. she has had about 90 kills this year but due to were i work and fly it is very easy.
social imprint P2230011
hound
hound

Number of posts : 251

Back to top Go down

Post by scotfalconer Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:36 am

cheers guys
scotfalconer
scotfalconer

Number of posts : 71