Falconers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

meet trigger

3 posters

Go down

meet trigger Empty meet trigger

Post by hound Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:49 pm

as some of you know i have been after a male hh for spring hawking, well i picked up one last night and he is as calm as a cucummber. i had him fly 45 feet on the creance this afternoon any way heres a couple of pics
meet trigger P2170005
meet trigger P2170006
meet trigger P2170007

Last edited by on Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:54 pm; edited 3 times in total
hound
hound

Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2008-01-29

Back to top Go down

meet trigger Empty Re: meet trigger

Post by Palmer Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:52 pm

Nice one mate, think i has written this before you have uploaded pictures so i await them!

Ed
he looks like a little cracker mate

Last edited by on Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Palmer
Palmer

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by spughawk Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:00 pm

Nice one andy hope he turns out a gooden for you mate
spughawk
spughawk

Number of posts : 284

Back to top Go down

Post by hound Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:15 am

well today has been a good day
trigger weighed in at 1lb4oz for the last owner he flew at 1lb5oz. any way i took him down the pig feilds to man him up as he will be flown round pigs tractors etc he just took it all in his stride never bated once. i put him on the creance and he was coming the full length stright away so i took the plung and flew him free and he came stright back cheers . so i just had him following on for 30 mins which he did well but i was abit disapointed in the fact he never showed any intrest in the rooks No which i wanted him to do. any way while walking back to the yard up a hedge which he was following on from flying to each oak tree he dropped out of a tree and was weaving in and out of the hedge i could not see what he was after then i saw it as trigger grabbed it, it was a bloody rat so you have never seen a fat boy run so fast out came the spike and one dead rat was had. i dont want trigger hunting rats so i pinched it of him quick with no trade off when we was almost back in the yard i got the rabbit dummy out and let him slam into it which he was allowed to feed up on. so in the end it was not a bad day and we have had a kill cheers cheers cheers
hound
hound

Back to top Go down

Post by spughawk Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:25 am

Well done Andy i did not think it would take you long to get him going, but i did not think you would have him killing so quick, well done Andy and trigger, just shows what a versatile and adaptable hunter the HH is in the right hands
spughawk
spughawk

Number of posts : 284

Back to top Go down

Post by hound Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:38 am

yes you are right that the harris hawk is a versatile hunter shame so many people knock them, and it aint bad going for only having him 2 days but the credit must go down to the last owner . im quite lucky in where i live and work as i can place my birds round the farm yard where ther is always lots of things going on which i have found helps to get the birds use to lots of noises and sights. just hope i can get him switched on to the black stuff
hound
hound

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum