Falconers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golden eagles

+3
hound
taz
Palmer
7 posters

Go down

Golden eagles Empty Golden eagles

Post by Palmer Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:41 am

Never seen them hunt, but have seen them being flown and their awsome creatures, but not for me im afriad.

What are your experience's of them?

Ed
Palmer
Palmer

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Back to top Go down

Golden eagles Empty Re: Golden eagles

Post by taz Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:46 am

There big and heavy lol, as ya no i went to the gathering and it takes alot of knowlige, experiance and more common sence than you think possable to get 1 going to a good standerd their amazing birds to watch hunt and fly, when i got to handle a couple at gathering they were complete jems due to the people that owned them knowing their stuff (and praticed it.)

atb

fraser

taz

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:50 am

Palmer wrote:Never seen them hunt, but have seen them being flown and their awsome creatures, but not for me im afriad.

What are your experience's of them?

Ed

About the same as you Ed.....
Did have a chap called Travis in the same b & b as me on the south east 25th annaversary feild meet in 06,nice bloke seen him again at the fair last year,he's got a goldie but never seen one hunt,but it was nice to watch weathering on its block in the morning when haveing brekkie.

Would be nice to see one fly on proper hilly ground but as for flatter ground for what ive see on vids they look,well not very exciting,each to there own but to big for me,think i'd have more fun with a spar in half a hour....

Though it would be nice to see one hunt...

Atb Stu..

Back to top Go down

Post by hound Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:54 am

they dont apeal to me to much work involved in one bird but saying that i would love to see one fly. i have been down to terrys at kentish falconry a few times and seen his goldies. i will be seeing one hunted next season as hacker of iff is getting one
hound
hound

Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2008-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by spughawk Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:02 am

Not had much to do with them i had a pair of steppes in a aviary, i handled my mates Goldie, Bald, Tawney and Bonnellies, i also helped a mate with his Goldie/Steppe hybred i was also offered a Goldie for free and the Goldie/Steppe on long term loan they are not for me so i turned them both down but who knows what the future holds, i admire the guys who fly them but at this moment in time i have no ambition to fly a Eagle at all
spughawk
spughawk

Number of posts : 284

Back to top Go down

Post by MAC Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:31 am

i know a lad with limited experience who has done a decent job of his male goldie.

he recons his male golden had a far sunnier nature than his female redtail had.

haha imagine putting that on a certain forum

MAC

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2008-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by ash Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:54 am

not my cuppa tea. but like most would like to see one hunt and think that would d me for the rest of my life.
ash
ash

Number of posts : 64

Back to top Go down

Post by spughawk Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:07 pm

MAC wrote:i know a lad with limited experience who has done a decent job of his male goldie.

he recons his male golden had a far sunnier nature than his female redtail had.

haha imagine putting that on a certain forum

Lol Sean that would raise a eyebrow or 2 lol!
spughawk
spughawk

Number of posts : 284

Back to top Go down

Post by MAC Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:17 am

as well as an eyebrow it would shake the very foundations of the clickiest of all clicks lol

anyone remember that kazahk documentary shown on channel 4 in 1993 where a 10 year old was manning a male berkut!?

i remember the sleep depriving swing perches and the anti aggresion tactics very well

the thing was the kid had no fear of the eagle whatsoever and as such the eagle behaves like a buzzard!!!!

MAC

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2008-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by barbaryboy Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:18 pm

never owned a goldie myself but been out with my m8 loads and handled his eagles 10 000 foot up the matterhorn whilst filming for the bbc. seeing one flown on lowland ground is impressive but a complete waste of thier true potential, to see one waiting on at over a 1000ft in the mountains then stooping just as well as any falcon is awesome, trust me. without doubt the finest spectacle available in falconry anywhere in the world. if you get the oppertunity to witness this then take it, i would dearly love to do this myself but the time and committment involved is unreall, all credit to those tiny few who manage it. unfortunatly due to the price of goldies dropping to not much more than a decent finnish gos there are a large number in the wrong hands with very very few acctually being flown properly at all. what a shame! but they are a hell of a status simble arnt they? IVE GOT A GOLDIE ME LIKE!

barbaryboy

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum